Friday, January 13, 2017

The bare limbs of Winter.    I'm looking out of my windows at the bare trunks and limbs of the trees that surround my home in North Georgia.  Squirrels are constantly running from tree to tree.  Thankfully my Pointer/Bird Dog mix is laying asleep on his chair.  Otherwise he'd be rushing to the deck to take on the squirrels.  Then I'd not be able to think due to the barking.

Five years has passed since I last wrote.  Life got in the way.  A move from Birmingham, opening a business, closing a business.   The trees are bare.  Some leaves are bunched up in branches.  Squirrel nests.  Life....will there be any beauty again in a life that seems bare.   Each year as I've viewed these trees, which allows my house to be seen from several roads in Winter, I'm reminded that in Summer my house is hidden.   The beauty of Spring covers my house and any of its imperfections.   This reminds me of these words "having forgiven us all our transgression."  The blood of Christ took a bare life making it Spring again.

In my life I've had numerous people enter.  At the time I did not reflect on their coming, some leaving, and some remaining.  Who are these people?  Where have they come from?  Why have they come?    Usually I've just enjoyed their coming without trying to ponder the "why" of their presence. It seems when I've found myself in a "bare" time the oddest person comes into my life.  No they are not odd in appearance.  Just "odd" as to how they appeared in my life.  The leaves of Spring come in their presence.  It can be in the dead of Winter when they appear as "leaves of Spring."

Do you find "leaves of Spring" come in to your bare Winter times?  Oh, by the way, the boxer just woke up the Pointer mix....Squirrels....I'll tell you the story of finding this Pointer mix in another blog.  I think he is "leaves of Spring" in my life as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment